Birch Edge Glued Panels
Birch Edge Glued Panels is very nice and strong panel material. Birch is very hard and strong material. Birch lamellas glued together are getting even stronger than initial wood. Lamellas are very well selected with minimum wood defects and knots. Birch edge glued panels appearance is beautiful reflecting nature of hardwood.
Grade A. Usage in exposed surfaces.
- Sound knots, tight, light in color diameter up to 5 mm
- Black, full knots, tight diameter up to 3 mm
- Spots of up to 3 x 30 mm
- Veins and mineral strikes up to 2*40 mm are acceptable
- Strips matched according to the color
Grade B. Usage in less exposed surfaces.
- Sound knots, tight, light in color acceptable in diameter up to 10 mm
- Black, full knots, tight acceptable in diameter up to 5 mm
- False heartwood acceptable up to lamella width
- Spots and sagging up to 3 x 100 mm acceptable
- Veins and mineral strikes up to 4*100 mm are acceptable
- Spacer marks non numerous acceptable – as less visible
- Putty repairs is acceptable with the size up to 20 mm
- Lamellas matching according to the color less precise than in the case of Class A
Grade C. Usage in concealed parts
- Sound knots, tight, light in color acceptable
- Black, tight and decay knots acceptable
- False heartwood acceptable
- Spots, sagging, dye penetrations acceptable
- Spacer marks acceptable
- Putty repairs acceptable
- Cracks up to 15 mm long
Above stipulated grading rules are not the limitation. Most of Birch Edge Glued Panels are supplied under Customer’s specifications in full correspondence with needs of our Customers.